Saturday, October 25, 2008

Corn Maze Mischief

One of our first outings with our friends/neightbors in Seattle was to a Corn Maze last night. There was a haunted corn maze or the traditional, and of course the haunted one cost more. We opted for the cheaper date and made our own fun haunting the BYOS (Bring Your Own Scares) maze. Soren and Nathan both sampled the fresh grown corn around us and we all blazed new trails off the beaten path. The highlight was when the stalks of corn were fashioned into javelins and the boys had throwing contests. Or it might have been when the girls beat the boys to the end of the maze. It wasn't even a close call.
We all had a lot of fun and ended the evening with hot chocolate and catch phrase.

I think Soren and I are finally getting used to this place. I wouldn't call it home for sure, but we are working on it. I found a few more job leads yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them.

A temp agency is a good idea so thank you to all of your suggestions. I figure everything will work out as it needs to, so I'll just keep trying. Soren has his second section of the CPA to take next Friday, on Halloween. He is busy cramming for it so any prayers would be appreciated on his behalf. He is also going to start traveling on Monday. Yay. He'll be gone this week Mon-Thursday and next week Sunday-Friday. More reasons for me to get a life. :) At least he has a job though and we are making it by. We are really, really grateful for that.

I am 13 weeks now and believe I am out of the sick phase. Onto the hungry-all-the-time phase and wondering if the extra volume on my hips is due to Halloween candy or baby. I have another check-up on Monday and possibly another ultrasound. I'll try to post a pic of it. I would post some pics of me-if you could tell there was something in there.











1 comment:

Seidi said...

Are those new bangs I see? Corn mazes are so creepy! I would never go to the haunted one. Scary men. No thank you. Anyway, hope the job hunt's going okay. Good luck. Call me soon. We should catch up. Love you. Tell Soren good luck from us!