Sunday, November 18, 2012

Preschool Co-Op

This year four other Mom's and I started a preschool co-op for the kids Easton's age. We each take two weeks at a time hosting/teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We have an assigned topic/number/letter for each week. About half of the time is spend just playing and the other half is lessons, crafts and snack. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has been fantastic for Easton. He loves having it at our house and he loves going to everyone else's. I am amazed at how much he learns about different topics and grateful that I don't have the stress of planning lessons on our own each week. 

Kesler and I usually run errands, go to the pet store or the park or spend time at home while Easton is gone. Kesler is always sad that he can't go, but the poor guy has three more full years before he starts school. He won't even start preschool for a whole another year after this. 

Next year we plan to continue with the kids and do it for 3 hours instead of 2.5. We'll try to follow more of a kindergartner prep course and see if we can get them school ready. I can't believe that Easton will be starting summer school in June 2014!





No comments: