Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Father and Son's Campout 2010

This past weekend was one of firsts. Easton and Dad went on their first Father-Son camp out and I got a whole 24 hours at home ALONE in over a year. It was much needed and totally fun for all.
Easton did a great job camping and proved himself to be quite the outdoorsman. Aside from running off frequently while Soren tried to set up the tent, Easton was well behaved, enjoyed the outdoors and slept all night. The next day they went rafting down a small nearby river and as you can see they had a great time. They came home Saturday about 2:30 and Easton went right to sleep for 3 hours. He was worn out!
Prepping the boat.
Ready to take her out.



Enjoying a Capri Sun on the river.

While they were gone I had a great time too although I'll admit it was a little strange at first. I went to dinner with friends from church and their girls who didn't go camping- Amy, Beth, and Michelle. We had a fun time at Bucca di Beppo's and afterwards I headed over to OLD NAVY to check out their weekend sale. I found a cute hoodie for $6, picked up a Redbox, and got some hot chocolate at 7-Eleven. I headed home to watch Coco Before Chanel (kind weird, but not bad) and put in some time on the elliptical. I went to bed way too late, but the best part was I got to sleep in until 9. I kept forgetting no one else was home! I then spent the morning walking at the track, working on my business and planning my lesson for Sunday. I really enjoyed the alone time and I'm so glad they had fun. I'll definitely be encouraging this tradition in the future.

2 comments:

Kelli Duthrie said...

Oh so jealous! I can't imagine having such freedom! This type of treasure only comes when my parents or in-laws are around!

Rob and Marseille said...

I'm disapointed-I don't think our ward is having a father/sons this year!?!?