Monday, March 1, 2010

God Lives

Recently I have been reading a book called What's So Great About Christianity for my Book Club. (I plan to write a review on it as soon as I am done on my new Book Blog. More to come!)

Anyways, it has really opened my eyes to how much hate, disbelief and atheism there is out in the world. I live in a very sheltered place/part of the world where everyone I come in contact with has basic moral values and respects mine. I think I also interact mainly with people who do believe there is a God. But this book has gotten me thinking about where the world is headed. As the last days get closer, I think more of this blatant ridicule for my beliefs and the things I hold to be true will be coming my way. I am really not looking forward to it.

So when I was reading the Ensign today (our church's monthly magazine today), I found a talk that I think disputes all of the anti-Christ and anti-God arguements out there. Here is a quote that rang especially true to me.

"Without God, life would end at the grave and our mortal experiences would have no purpose. Growth and progress would be temporary, accomplisment without value, challenges without meaning. There would be no ultimate right or wrong and no moral responsibility to care for one another as fellow children of God. Indeed, without God, there would be no mortal or eternal life."
Elder Robert D. Hales, Nov. 2009 Conf.

I really believe that people who have no belief or concept of God are missing out on so much. No wonder the morals of today are disinegrating around us. I just hope that I am strong enough to withstand and actively fight the problems that are rapidly approaching; I am also grateful for the knowledge that I have that makes my life meaningful and gives me purpose everyday.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Amen to that :) Life is just easier when we do what we are supposed do, I think because we know that it means something. Without God there isn't anything that really means much

Duthries said...

Can I get a Hallelujah?! Amen. Still need to start reading that book... :)