Sunday, June 17, 2012

Projects

Feels like I always have a project up my sleeve and I'm always happy when I semi-remember to document it. After a trip to Saver's (thrift store) on Memorial day I came home with a few new ones.

I've had this idea for almost a year now after spotting a girl at a conference with one on. This was just a newish-gray sweatshirt that I sewed a piece of lace on. The lace mimics the collar line and I just sewed it on with a straight stitch all the way around. Soren thinks it looks like a bib and I think it looks awesome.

When I found this tunic I knew I had to find a use for its nice striped knit. Little did I know how difficult knit would be to sew on, but I eventually figured something out. I turned it into a midi-skirt and as long as you don't look to close it looks great.

Before


After


Another garage sale find...this green linen skirt. Size 16 from way back in the day. I LOVED the color so I brought it home and took in the back.

BEFORE


AFTER


Easton has been very into SuperWhy lately and running around flying like a Superhero. I promised him we would make a cape and a mask for him. After searching for some knit at Walmart (fail), settling for flannel at home (wrecked), and finally finding some silky costume fabric at JoAnns (win!) - we did it. I followed this tutorial and tweaked it by ziz-zagging through the ribbon and all the way around the cape. The mask we made up by ironing on our fabric to interfacing, zig-zagging all the edges and sewing on some 1/4" elastic.  


Last project is my favorite. I designed this watch from this idea and Soren put it together for me. I LOVE it. We cut apart an old Fossil watch of mine and bought chains, jump rings and a few clasps. After about 8 hours of figuring it out, we did it! It is just the right amount of trendy, tough and cute. Currently considering whipping up another Etsy shop to stock them in and see how they do. Let me know what you think.....

No comments: