Friday, June 10, 2011

Brothers

Kesler is coming up on 8 months. I’ve been thinking about this age with Easton. It is so fun to see babies become little humans and get excited about life. This is when we decided to get pregnant with Kesler- but believe me that thought is not around now!  We felt like we knew and wanted to have another little boy to be Easton’s little brother and best friend. When I found out I was pregnant, we just knew he was a boy. I even guessed my due date and was only off by a day. I had also picked up a Newborn size Halloween costume the year before thinking someday it would work for one of our babies. Turns out it would work for the next one.

Well it was a little boy and what a sweet one he is! So far Easton hasn’t ever wanted much to do with him. He has ignored him except to complain if Kesler touches him or takes a toy. Well lately Easton is warming up to him. I love seeing his kindness to his little brother. It gives me a glimpse of how Heavenly Father feels when we are kind to our brothers and sisters. Easton will go and entertain Kesler in his crib, fetch him toys, and reassures him “its k”- (its okay) when he is sad. The other day on the way to my parents Kesler was crying and Eason talked* in a baby voice to Kesler the whole time about how we were going to see Grandma and Logan (Easton’s favorite uncle.) He even held his hand. I’m sure they will soon be the best of friends.

 

IMG_5086

 

*Easton doesn’t really talk except in one word sentences. Talking about visiting Grandma or Logan basically means saying their names on repeat.

2 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

cute! they are going to love growing up together!

highdeekay said...

Wow, Kesler is living up to his name. He definitely has the "Kesler look" doesn't he? I think Easton looks so much like Soren yet you can tell they are brothers. How fun!