Friday, August 21, 2009

Veteran's Memorial

So last Sunday I heard about a traveling Vietnam Veteran's Memorial at a nearby park. We decided to go observe the closing ceremonies and see the replica of the wall they have in DC. It was really an inspiring and gratifying event. There were some speakers, a gun salute, and they took down the flag. They also honored all of the veterans present as well as those currently serving. Lately I have been on a war-kick in the books I have read. I recently read Flags of Our Fathers and listened to the book The War on CD. Both of them are in-depth documentaries about World War II. The books really opened my eyes to what soldiers go through as their duty and it made me so grateful for them. Thanks to their sacrifices we live in the world we do.





Soren is so proud Easton is starting to do some tricks. He started this on at exactly 3 monthes. They can keep it going for quite a while....





I had to put this picture on here because it really reminds me that Easton is his Dad's son. Recently there have been a LOT of photos that they take together where they have the exact same expression on. I LOVE IT!! Here are a few more examples..... :)





2 comments:

Melissa P said...

Looks like fun!!! cute family pic too! you look great! Easton looks like he is getting so big! we take Leath to his 4 month checkup today, I am excited to find out how much he weighs...im guessing 20lbs...

Lant Family said...

Easton is such a cutie! He is growing up so fast. You guys are suh a cute family.