Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Port Angeles Trip- part A



I know, I know I have a lot of catching up to do. I appreciate my fans patience in waiting for a new post.

On Halloween Soren took the 2nd section of the CPA exam. He just found out that he more than passed with an 87. Yay!!!!

So unfortunately pretty much the day after Halloween Soren had to go out of town for a work trip. I wasn't real excited to give him up so soon after he finally finished studying. So since I don't have a job I went with. We went to Port Angeles which is more north and west of where we are. Also it may sound familiar to you Twilight fans. Yes it is the neighboring town to Forks. We didn't make it out to Forks or La Push, but we plan to at some point because it is BEAUTIFUL up there.

We had to take a ferry across and then drive for a few hours to get there. Soren loves being out on the deck, so I get to endure the wind. He loves these pics.


We made it to Port Angeles and stayed for 2 1/2 days. I explored while Soren worked and then we got to hang out at night. I walked around the downtown of Port Angeles and found out that there are real places in the town that correspond with places in the book. So below is supposedly the store where Bella shopped for dresses, the bookstore, and the Italian place where her and Edward ate. They aren't the same shops as in the movie, but they do exist.



















We also went hiking while we were out there in the Olympic National Forest. It was incredible!!! I have never seen such amazing and beautiful scenery. It is so green, so mossy, and so mystical. Wow, I could become a hiker if this was my backyard.














































No comments: